Registry Connection Inc.
What personal information do we collect?
What personal information do we collect?
How may we use your personal information?
- General. Our primary purpose in collecting Information and Data from you voluntarily is to provide you with a secure, efficient and customized experience when using the Site. We will only ask for and collect Information and Data that we consider necessary to provide services offered through the Site.
- Information and Data Provided by Users. When making an online reservation through the Site, users of the Site must provide the Information as requested or where indicated. Our primary purpose in collecting Data from you voluntarily is to provide a secure experience. When using the Services, we may collect, without limitation, Information and Data including: [your first and last name, residential address, birth date, email, address, phone number, driving license number, financial information], and any other information provided by you.
- Information and Data Collected Automatically. Information and Data Collected Automatically. When you use the Site, RCI automatically receives and records certain Information and Data from your device using cookies and other automatic data collection technologies. This data helps us understand how you use the Site features and the content of the website in order to make improvements and tailor content on the Site. We may collect information such as: [IP address, unique identifiers and device identification, browser tokens, digital signatures as well as Site usage information, such as browser type, time zone settings, language preferences, operating system, length of visit, pages viewed on our Site]. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the Site.
- Payment and Banking Information. When you make payments in connection with any bookings or any other products or services through the Site using a credit/debit card, payment method or banking information, you will be re-directed and these payment details will be shared with our third party payment processor(s). [We do not store credit/debit card, payment method or banking information on our servers].
How may we may share your personal information?
We may use your Information for the following purposes:
- to process requests for products or services offered through the Site from time to time;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes, with your consent where required];
- to improve our content, Site and product offerings, including but not limited to content and layout;
- to provide you with a personalized experience;
- to allow you to visit and interact with the website, such as to send us inquiries;
- to identify you when you return to our website or when you contact us;
- to resolve services disputes;
- to conduct internal analyses and maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes, such as analyzing trends, usage, and activities of visitors and users of the Site;
- to detect, prevent or investigate errors, security breaches, fraud and other criminal activity;
- to protect our business, including to enforce rights or to comply with applicable laws; and
- for any other purposes to which you provided consent.
You may refuse to provide us with your Information and Data. However, some Information and Data is necessary so we can process orders for services or products. Refusal to provide certain Information and Data may impact your access to our services and products.
What are my options for communication preferences?
- To whom do we transfer your Information and Data?
- Subsidiaries, Affiliates & Service Providers. We may use the services of subsidiaries, affiliates and third party service providers (collectively, “Third Parties”) in connection with our operation of the Site, including, without limitation, for the processing of payments, off-premise data hosting, communication services, account hosting and Information collecting and analysis services. We may disclose your Information and Data to the Third Parties in the course of your use of their Site. We take care to use Third Parties that we believe are reputable and capable of performing the services we require of them, including, without limitation, the handling of confidential information, Information and Data and the compliance with all applicable laws. We use contracts and other measures to ensure these Third Parties have comparable data protection measures to our own, and we only authorize them to use your Information to provide their services to us, not for their own use.
- Storing and Processing Your Information and Data Outside Canada. In some cases, Information and Data that we collect may be stored or processed outside of Canada. When that occurs, we continue to protect the Information and Data with appropriate safeguards and data export requirements, but it may be subject to the legal jurisdiction of those countries and governmental authorities in those countries.
- To whom do we disclose your Information and Data?
- Anonymized Aggregated Data. We may aggregate and anonymize your Information and Data and use and disclose them for a variety of purposes, including analytics. We may also use aggregated data of Users to improve our algorithms, measure service usage, publish summaries and develop new features. We will not display or otherwise disclose information where such data may identify any individual user. In addition, we do not display or otherwise disclose any Information. Furthermore, we may need to occasionally review raw data and the results for system maintenance
- Sale of Business. We may disclose Information and Data to the acquiror or its agents in the course of the sale of our business. If we do this, the disclosure will be subject to confidentiality arrangements customary in such transactions
How do we protect your personal information?
We may from time to time send you communications relating to your status as a user, your use of the Site and in connection with any products or services acquired through your use of the Site in accordance with applicable anti-spam legislation. [RCI will not contact you for any marketing or promotional purposes].
Location and retention of your personal information
We use security measures that we believe are reasonable and appropriate, which are designed to help secure your personal information against unauthorized use, loss, access, modification, destruction or disclosure while it is in our custody or under our control. These measures include administrative, physical, organizational and technological measures that are proportionate to the quantity and sensitivity of the personal information. Physical measures include secure work areas, and technological measures include encryption, firewalls, anti-virus and system security monitoring. Organizational measures include the use of access controls to restrict access to personal information on a “need to know” basis for our employees, contractors and agents. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or application failure and other factors, may compromise the security of your Information and Data at any time. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information and Data.
Accuracy of Personal Information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed on servers located in Canada and United States. Information stored in the United States may be subject to the laws of general application in the United States, including lawful access. If we transfer your personal information outside of your jurisdiction, we will take steps to ensure your information is adequately protected in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws
The time periods for which we retain your personal information depend on the purposes for which we collected it. We routinely destroy personal information that is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purposes of processing the service or product you ordered, or meeting any legal or reporting requirements.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information in our custody is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which the information was collected by us.
Depending on where you reside, you may have one or more of the following rights relating to your personal information. Some of these rights will be subject to specific requirements or limitations under applicable law. Available rights may include:
- Rights of access: You may request access to and obtain a copy of any of your personal information that we hold, to request the correction of any inaccurate, outdated or incomplete information related to you or to request the deletion of your personal information under certain circumstances. You also have the right to know the types of personal information is being collected, whether your personal information is being sold or shared, and to whom it is being sold or shared.
- Data portability: You may request to receive all personal information that we hold in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may also require that we share this information to another entity, where this is technically feasible.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please Contact Us by sending an email. We will respond within 30 days. If we cannot accommodate a request, we will provide you with a justification.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. None of our products or services are intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you believe we have collected information from your child in error or have questions or concerns about our practices relating to children, please notify us and we will promptly respond.